We’re hiring a Support Engineer at Spinn3r. This is a key hire (and will take a lot of work off my shoulders) so we plan on taking our time to find the right candidate.
That said, this is an awesome opportunity to get in and work on a rapidly growing startup.
Spinn3r is a licensed weblog crawler used by search engines, weblog analytic companies, and generally anyone who needs access to high quality weblog and social media data.
We crawl the entire blogosphere in real-time, rank, and classifying blogs, as well as remove spam. We then provide this information to our customers in a clean format for use within IR applications.
Spinn3r is rare in the startup world in that we’re actually profitable. We’ve proven our business model which gives us a significant advantage in future product design and expanding our current customer base and feature set.
We’ve also been smart and haven’t raised a dime of external VC funding which gives us a lot more flexibility in terms how how we want to grow the company moving forward.
For more information please visit our website.
- Interact with customers both both in the early sales cycle and support role to answer technical questions about our technology (crawling, ranking, etc) (20%)
- Monitor our crawler stats to enable understanding of operation and detect operational anamolies, monitor statistics, implement new features, etc.(20%).
- Work on Java implementation of various new Spinn3r features as well as fix bugs in our current product. You will also be working on infrastructure in this position and responsible for various backend Java components of our architecture. (60%)
- General passion and interest in technology (distributed systems, open content, Web 2.0, etc).
I should stress that while you’ll be interacting with customers, and providing support, our customers are exceedingly brilliant and amazingly knowledgeable about our space. They’re a major asset and staying in sync with them is very important for the company.
Requirements and Experience:
- Java (though Python, C, C++, etc would work fine).
- Ability to understand customer needs and prioritize feature requests.
- Friendly, patient, and excellent people skills when interacting with customers.
- Understanding HTTP
- Databases (MySQL, etc).
- Ability (and appreciation) for working in a Startup environment.
- Must like cats