We all confront situations and scenarios where we experience sadness, anxiety, stress, and tensions. It is common for all to go through these during one’s life. However, there are many who frequently and perennially experience these symptoms. Psychological stress and strain accompany physical trauma and emotional void that sum totals out to be a debilitating disease. You feel weak in the head and knees, empty inside sailing down the river with no destination in mind. There are moments when you cry uncontrollably, and then you go silent for hours and hours. Sounds familiar to you? Pills and injections may give you temporary relief, but for long-term alleviation of the psychological, physical, and emotional symptoms, you need a natural remedy, and that is meditation.
Meditation is a yogic science aimed at calming and stabilizing the mind, thus enhancing your awareness and establishing an inner connection. Before we shed light on the miraculous benefits of meditation, we will learn how to do meditation. Sitting for minutes in one place is challenging, and that prevents many from taking up meditation.
- Choose a Quiet Place: Spot a peaceful place in your home. A vacant room or an open area that is quieter than the rest of the spots in the home.
- Ventilation: Clean the chosen place and make sure it is well-ventilated. Also, select a location that receives a lot of natural sunlight.
- Create Ambience: For meditation, create a conducive environment to get into the mood. Place a yoga mat on the floor. Deck the walls with motivational quotes, place some scented candles and potpourri bowls with flowers. You can use fresh rose petals in a bowl of water. You can pluck fresh flowers from gardens or avail delivery of flowers to India from an online florist.
How to Sit For Meditation?
- On a yoga mat, sit in a crossed legged manner with a straight back.
- Place your hands straight on the knees with fingers in Gyan mudra.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in and out .
- Let go of all the thoughts that occur in your mind without judgments.
- Practice it for 10-15 minutes and then increase the time length.
Benefits of Meditation
When you sit for meditation, even for 10 minutes regularly, you are looking after your body, mind, and spirit. The changes may not be obvious at first sight, but you will feel the positive effects in the long-term. Meditation works with your brain, activating the parasympathetic nervous system, resulting in increased calmness, awareness, clarity, and compassion. Daily meditation practices have proven beneficial for alleviating symptoms of depression, anxiety, stress, and trauma. When practiced in an appropriate manner and place, meditation helps with physical health. Chronic stress can create havoc, but meditation relaxes the body, diminishes heart-diseases symptoms, and promotes genes with DNA stability. Meditation practices are also potent in coping up with emotional stress. As you meditate, you form a connection with your true self that makes you more confident, content, and happy in life.
Meditation is innately healing only when practiced with techniques and at the proper place. Natural surroundings like gardens, mountains, flowers shows in India are recommended for meditation because of peaceful and fresh surroundings.