Your wedding day is one of the most special days in your life. Many people decide to have a destination wedding where they get to travel to their dream location and spend quality time not only with their significant other but also with their closest family members and friends.
Whether it be in Paris known as the most romantic city, in Italy, the home of Shakespeare‘s Romeo and Juliet, or in picturesque Lake Tahoe, California, your wedding will be a wonderful, memorable experience for both you and your guests.
People choose destination weddings for many different reasons including the following:
- They are avid travelers
- You are combining the wedding, the honeymoon, and the after-partyinto one
- Your guest list will be shorter
- Destination weddings are generally easier and faster to plan
- This is a great time to spend with close family and friends
- You’re guaranteed to have a gorgeous backdrop for your photos
- It’s like a big vacation with all the people you care the most about.
Planning a wedding takes a lot of time, yet it is over so quickly. The pictures that capture the special moments of your day will become priceless memories you will cherish for a lifetime. Make sure you take the time to find the right photographer to capture all the special moments of your day. Destination wedding photography in Lake Tahoe, CA published some beautiful photos of a destination wedding that you can use to get ideas for your own.
Plan to Pay a Little More
One of the most important things you will bring back from your destination wedding is your photographs. To make sure yours are the best, you should hire a professional destination wedding photographer. If you have a limited budget, photography is not the area you want to cut back on. Your wedding is an investment. The money you spend on a professional photographer is an investment in your memories.
Once you choose your photographer, you should discuss the style, situations, and number of photos you want to capture from your special day.
Posed photographs have their place in any wedding album but don’t forget about candid shots. Your destination wedding in your dream location is going to be fun and exciting. Let your photographer capture you and your loved ones while displaying all your emotions in various locations. You want to be sure you to capture anything that unfolds during your adventure so you can remember your special time for the rest of your life.
Take Advantage of Your Beautiful Surroundings
You and your photographer should look around the resort as well as the surrounding areas to find unique locations where you can take pictures. You want to make sure your memories include everything about your wedding day, especially the location where you chose to get married.
The Wedding Preparation
There are some incredibly special moments you want to make sure you don’t miss when creating your wedding album. The time before the ceremony when the bride, groom, and wedding party are getting ready provides some very special moments like:
- Bridesmaids doing the bride’s hair and makeup
- Mother of the bride helping the bride get ready
- Father of the bride seeing her for the first time in her gown
- Groomsmen putting on boutonnieres or bowties
- Bride and groom separately getting into a limo or walking down the stairs
During the ceremony, you want to make sure some of the following photos are taken:
- Guest arriving for the wedding
- Ushers seating guests
- Bridesmaid, groomsmen, flower children, and ring bearer walking down the aisle
- Other special family members like grandmothers and grandfathers walking down the aisle or being seated
- The expression on the groom’s face as he his bride walk down the aisle
- Bride and groom at the altar
- A wide shot of the audience during the ceremony showing their expressions
- The exchanging of rings
- The kiss
The Cocktail Hour
The photographer usually takes the bridal party and close family members to another room to take staged photos. The pictures you want to include are:
- Bride and her family
- Groom and his family
- Bride and her parents
- Groom and his parents
- Bride and groom together
- Bride and all the bridesmaids
- Groom and all the groomsmen
- Bride and groom with the entire wedding party
- Bride, groom, wedding party and both families
Besides the standard table shots of all your guests, you should also take candid shots of your guests dancing and having a great time. Don’t forget about the little details you took so much care in planning like the centerpieces, place cards, decorations, the guest book, and table settings.
Enjoy Your Special Day
You have spent a lot of time planning your wedding so that it will be a day full of wonderful memories and shared experiences with loved ones. When your day finally arrives, your only job is to enjoy it and make it an event you will never forget.